Pine Needle Mulch
||How does your garden grow? If your flowers and plants could use a boost, we recommend mulching. We use pine needle mulch and organic mulches to hold water in the soil and stop weed growth while making garden areas look beautiful.
What are the advantages of pine needle mulch?
- Pine needles will not cake and mat down. This eliminates the problem of compaction that makes some mulch impermeable to air, moisture, and fertilizer movement into the soil.
- The needles are long-lasting. They have a very high resin content, which inhibits rapid decomposition. It will take 3-4 years for your needles to decompose completely. A light application of fresh needles, over the top, once a year, is all that you need to do.
- Pine needles will not be subject to the growth of mushrooms, slime molds, bird's nest fungus, or artillery fungus.
- Pine needles will not cause rotting of the trunk collar on your trees.
- Pine needle mulch has a natural appearance that blends beautifully into the landscape.
We use a local source for our triple ground hardwood bark mulch, and incorporate an organic compost into the mulch to enhance biologic activity which aides in the establishment and on-going health of the landscape plantings.
Another option for mulching is to use our certified organic compost as a soil covering. This material adds nutrients and biologic activity to the soil, allowing for optimal plant growth.
Ancient civilizations understood the need to modify soil conditions to allow for optimum plant growth. One method used was burning fields to produce carbon that would aide in soil structure and the ability to capture, store, and release nutrients to plant roots. Now, Bio Char is produced thru a process called pyrolysis. Properly prepared Bio Char will enhance nutrient and moisture holding capacity in your soil, enhancing plant growth. One application lasts a lifetime.
Find Out About the Environmental Benefits of Bio Char Here